17-day Trekking Tour in Java: from Jakarta to Bali. Groups of 2-6 people. Quote from € 3180
The 17-days study and trekking tour crosses Java from West to East and ends on Bali. Along the way, we visit and climb some of its most interesting and active volcanoes: Papandayan and Galunggung in West Java, Merapi in Central Java, Kelud, Semeru, Bromo, the Tengger caldera, and Ijen in East Java.
This tour combines easy to moderate hikes with some adventurous trekking and its main goal is to see Java's volcanoes from close-up. Besides, you will get a deep impression of Java's varied landscapes, its colorful culture and cheerful people. Made for couples or small groups, this tour allows you to travel with a maximum of flexibility.
- All major volcanoes of Java in one tour
- Trekking adventures
- Contact with friendly local people
- Extreme diversity of Java
2-18 Jun 2020
2-18 Jul 2020
1-17 Aug 2020
3-19 Sep 2020
- All accommodation in hotels and camps as specified
- Full board including drinks in reasonable amounts except a few meals as specified
- All ground, sea and air transfers as described in the program
- Airport pick-ups
- Transfer to Denpasar airport or other destination on Bali on last day
- Entry fees, visits to parks and archeological sites etc. as described by the program (incl. Borobodur)
- Equipment for camps (tents, mattresses, cooking gear; exception: an own sleeping should be brought)
- Local porters and guides
- Experienced Indonesian English-speaking guide
The tour will be accompanied / guided on location by one of our professional local guides in Indonesia, typically Andi or Galih. They have extensive knowledge not only about the volcanoes, but also about their country and culture.
Our guides all speak English and Indonesian, some also French.
- Travel to and from Indonesia
- Indonesia Visa if needed
- Airport departure taxes (if not included in flight tickets, payable at the airport check-in)
- Single room supplement
- Mandatory personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic drinks and few meals not listed as included in the itinerary
- Personal safety equipment (safety helmet and gas mask; we can provide one for you on request.
The hikes in the program range from fairly easy to challenging (up to 1200 m climbing and 10 km distance, total duration max. 6-8 hours) for everybody with good normal fitness. You should, however, be prepared for hot and humid climate typical for any tropical country.